A Covenant Keeper Tradition Continues
Covenant Keepers will continue our annual tradition of taking Halloween back from Satan and making it a day of fasting and prayer for our nation, our homes, and our families. Yellow Ribbon Day is observed in and around the month of October and, instead of decorating with jack-o-lanterns, we tie yellow ribbons around trees, lampposts, or on doors as a symbol that the captives have been set free!
It was in 1987 that we planned the first Yellow Ribbon Day. Marilyn Conrad had been in prayer about the idea and one evening she turned on the television to watch 700 Club on CBN. Ben Kinslow was praying and said, “I am seeing something ‘yellow.’ I don’t know what it is or what it means but God wants someone to know that what you are doing is right and it will be blessed by Him.” Hallelujah! God confirmed His Word and Yellow Ribbon Day was birthed.
Since that year, we have observed Yellow Ribbon Days each October ….to God be all Glory!
Let’s tie yellow ribbons
’round the old family tree
A symbol to the devil
That our homes are truly free.
Come, Covenant Keepers,
Let us join in victory,
As we tie yellow ribbons
’round the old family tree!
CKI has designated specific prayer targets for this time of the year:
- National, state and local leaders and pastors. 1 Timothy 2:1-2
- Salvation for spouses and children. Isaiah 44:3; Ephesians 6:12; Acts 16:31
- Protection for children, especially from abortion. Leviticus 18:21
- Healing and restoration of families around the world. Pray for children and parents to be reconciled and broken hearts and emotions healed. Pray for bitterness and unforgiveness to be removed. Ephesians 4:31-32; Colossians 3:12, 13, 18-20; Malachi 4:6
- Pray for all newly reconciled couples. The enemy always tries to attack, especially during the first year. Cover them with the blood of Jesus, bind any attacks from the enemy and loose the will, plan and purpose of God to be done in their lives. Pray that both spouses will be open and teachable. Pray especially for the covenant keeper to NOT stop doing what they know to do! Being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. Philippians 1:6 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9
- Remember to praise the Lord for all that He has done and will do for you and your family. Hebrews 13:15; Psalm 30:11; Jeremiah 31:13
Please join us as we celebrate the return of the captives from the curse of divorce. There will be announcements of celebrations across the United States. Join one of those celebrations. If you are unable to join one, mark your calendar for a date of your choosing where you tie a yellow ribbon on your front door, around a tree or simply post a yellow ribbon on social media. You do not have to explain to anyone why you are doing this, but join us in prayer and fasting at least one day this fall. We believe there will be captives set free.